Adding Flavor to Fish While Steaming
Steamed fish can be bland so give flavor to it by adding vegetables, herbs and spices and other seasonings to the liquid in the wok or steamer or by sprinkling them over the fish itself. Here are some methods for flavoring fish and making it more tasty and delicious.
- Chop a mixture of herbs and vegetables include onions, carrots, celery, fennel, parsley stalks and coriander leaf. If you want you can add all these ingredients into the steaming liquid or just sprinkle over the steaming fish itself.
- Place the fish on the steaming rack on a thick bed of fresh fennel fronds and fresh sprigs of thyme or dill.
- Chop some spring onions, fresh ginger, garlic and slices of lemon with fennel seed. Cover all these ingredients on the steaming fish.
- Marinate the fish before steaming by using olive oil, lemon juice, white wine and soy sauce.
- Chop some garlic, onions, chili and take some black pepper, curry leaves, salt and add all into the steaming liquid.