Healthy Cooking at Home
The way you cook at home is just as important as what you choose to eat. If you want to eat healthily at home you should cook healthy meals. This is especially important for your kids who are growing day by day and learning their eating habits from you. A healthy nutritious meal cooked at home can be a nice reward at the end of your active busy day instead of going for a quick unhealthy takeaway meal. To fuel an active lifestyle, fill your shopping cart with wholesome foods and then cook healthy low-fat meals at home.
The cooking methods you apply while cooking at home is very important to cook a healthy meal. If you love cooking meat another, an easy way to reduce the fat that you consume is to use a spatula to hold the meat from falling out of the pan and drain all the fat and dispose of it. This will reduce the fat content and calories and is really simple to do as well! The taste of the food will be great and you won’t be left with a greasy feeling.
Some of the cooking methods we can use at home are better than other methods for cutting out cholesterol, fats, and calories while enhancing the nutritional value of your food. If you want to cook healthily at home, it is best to try to avoid any cooking method where food is fried. Instead, try some of the following methods.
- Steaming: keeps the natural flavor, color and texture of the food.
- Pressure cooking: most effective way to cook healthy at home.
- Stir-frying: best done in wok and applies the principle as sauteing.
- Baking: cooking of food by dry heat in an oven.
- Boiling: an alternative method of pressure cooking but is the least healthy way of cooking.